Wednesday, March 26, 2014

*Project 52* weeks #11 & 12 / Austin, Texas Photographic Art

Oops. I am on the day of the week that transitions from one week to the next in my *Project 52* series (2014 began on a Wednesday). And I've been absent from here for almost three weeks. Time to get caught back up!

Actually, it worked out really well to combine weeks 11 & 12 because they go hand-in-hand. Check it out.....'K is for Key' and 'L is for Lock'.....and together they're a solid problem-solving pair.











Pretty straightforward as far as images go. I used my 60mm 2.8 macro lens again (which I cannot seem to remove from my camera, as it's my favorite these days!), employing natural light on an overcast day. I love the soft shadows in contrast with the lightly gritty surfaces of the lock & key. My favorite of these three is the lock by itself, whose background I embellished a scoche with some texture. This set belongs to my younger son, who was into locking up his private stuff for awhile.

Onto week #13....

In the meantime,
Enjoy!

If you liked this post, let me know! If you loved it and want to see more, please subscribe. You can also find me on facebook.