Thursday, December 2, 2010

RAGS 2 WAGS GALA / Austin Pet Photographer

This weekend is the 5th annual Rags2Wags Gala benefiting the Austin Humane Society.  I am making a silent auction donation in honor of my dog, Lucky, whom I adopted  in May from AHS (you can see her on the July 1 post).  The display print, a 20x20 collage featuring 16 canine characters I've photographed over the past few years, just arrived this evening, and once again my lab did a flawless job.  Hopefully this will grab the bidders' attention.............


 Here is the back side of the promo cards......anyone who sees this post and mentions it is eligible for the complimentary 5x7 print when booking a pet portrait session with me.  The 20% donation to AHS applies as well.



On a heavyhearted note, my sweet Australian Shepherd, Gypsy, has been very sick.  Four weeks ago she suddenly collapsed after dashing across our front yard, which began a long and arduous (and expensive) process of trying to get a correct diagnosis.  This is when you really wish dogs could talk!  Long story short, we visited a veterinary cardiologist yesterday, and after an exam, x-rays and an ultrasound, we're certain that she has some sort of lung infection.  I pray that she will respond to the antibiotics and nebulizer treatments.  I've been talking about her non-stop (likely because I've spent so much time caring for her lately) and wanted to show her to my friends and clients.  This dog is the sweetest, most tolerant dog I've ever known.  And it's amazing how smart she is.  These three images are all of Gypsy....she looks way different when she's shaved, huh.  Please send happy thoughts and prayers our way.



Off to bed I am......after I tend to Gypsy that is.  If anyone knows any tricks on getting a sick dog to eat, please share!