Thursday, November 4, 2010

SPOOKY / Austin children's photographer

We photographers joke that it's easier to photograph children who aren't our own.  This is not always the case; sometimes my boys ask to have their picture taken.  Most of the time, though, I'm the one making the request, and it helps to employ strong negotiation skills if I want good results.  On Halloween evening, I told M & Z that if they gave me some good shots before we went trick-or-treating, I'd leave my camera at home (we always join friends in another neighborhood).  Sure thing, Mom!  Fortunately the light was pretty perfect when we went outside......our front yard often has beautiful light in the late afternoon and early evening, and Halloween was no exception.

Check out my little wizard and "castaway boy scout" (or, Davy Crockett/Daniel Boone).....


"Clothes make a statement.  Costumes tell a story."
~Mason Cooley