Saturday, October 16, 2010

Tofino, BC, August 2010

Howdy!

I haven't blogged in awhile and remembered that I was supposed to post some vacation shots from this summer.  I still have a ton to sift through, but I was able to squeeze in this collage, which has a little of this and a little of that from Vancouver Island's western coast.  I'm going to print this one for my husband's office......his company sponsored this trip so I think it's fitting for him to have a nice visual memory of it.  It was such a beautiful, healthy place, although it was a bit chilly.  And yes, that starfish really was bright purple!


Some more recent excitement: Austin Humane Society's "Star Search" for the AHS 2011 Calendar -- please vote for my dog, Lucky!  Just go to the AHS home page....click here and then click on the Star Search link at the bottom of the page.  You can scroll down to see Lucky and read her bio, and voting is a simple click and you're done.  I am volunteering my services to AHS and will be photographing at least one of the winners sometime next week!

Next up: information on the LiveStrong Challenge, which happens the weekend of October 23-24.  I am planning to participate in the bike ride on the 24th, riding either 45 miles or 65 miles.  I need to raise a minimum of $250 to participate, and I'll include a link to my fund raising page next time I post here.

It's waaaayyyy past my bedtime, so nighty-night!
K